Students who live in Seattle’s Rainier Valley are eligible for support from the Pocock Foundation to row at the Mount Baker Rowing and Sailing Center as a part of Rainier Valley Rowing.
If you apply for a need-based scholarship to be in Rainier Valley Rowing, you are eligible for:
- Scholarships to join a junior rowing team and participate in regattas
- Transportation to and from practice
- Swimming instruction, if needed
- Mentorship through monthly cohort activites with peers and RVR staff
- Uniforms and training gear
To remain in good standing in RVR, students are expected to:
- Attend a minimum of 75% of practice sessions
- Attend all RVR student activities (1 hour each, scheduled monthly during fall and spring; dinner provided). All student meetings are from 7-8pm at Rainier Community Center, 4600 38th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98118. Transportation provided.
Learn more or apply for a scholarship by clicking here.