USRowing and the George Pocock Rowing Foundation formed a partnership in 2015 to bring indoor rowing education into middle and high schools across the nation. Erg Ed teaches exercise intensity, goal setting, and teamwork through a fun, highly engaging 5-day core curriculum. Erg Ed now runs in six different cities through our partnership with USRowing: Memphis, TN; Portland, OR; Allentown, PA; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor, MI; and Stockton, CA.
Thursday, February 8, 2018
Conference Call for Grant Support
Friday, March 2, 2018 at 11:00am PST
Application Due Date
Friday, April 13, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST
School District Selections
Participating grantee school districts receive:
- 20 new Concept2 indoor rowing machines
- Nationally recognized curriculum
- Suite of teaching resources through our online Erg Ed Classroom
- Annual Erg Ed Teacher Training for up to 40 physical education teachers in your school district
- Remote support from Pocock Foundation staff throughout the academic year to troubleshoot program logistics, including program evaluation
School District Requirements:
- Designate one teacher as the primary local contact for the Erg Ed program. This person must commit approximately 1-2 hours per week. Duties include liaising with Pocock Foundation staff and supporting local training and program logistics.
- Run Erg Ed in 4-6 middle and/or high schools in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Ensure successful completion of Erg Ed evaluation requirements, including student and teacher surveys and Erg Ed participation data.
- Pay school district matching fee of $5,000. This fee is more than quadruple-matched by USRowing to provide funds needed to launch Erg Ed in your school district. Payment schedule is flexible and can be managed to meet your district’s needs and limitations.
- Commit to sustaining the Erg Ed program beyond year one.
Contact Aubrey Fitzpatrick, Director of Outreach